Cansu Aydemir J.D.
150 York Street, 5th Floor Toronto ON M5H 3S5 CA
Cansu Aydemir is an Articling Student at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Cansu assists clients with all aspects of immigration law in Canada. Cansu is particularly interested in litigation and administrative decision-making issues in immigration law.
Cansu recently graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School, where she received the Ron Ellis ‘09 (PhD) Prize in Administrative Law for achieving the highest standing the administrative law course. While in school, Cansu volunteered with various legal aid clinics, acted as the student representative in Osgoode’s Student Caucus, and sat on Osgoode’s Academic Standing Committee. Cansu completed Osgoode’s Poverty Law Intensive Program and worked in the Immigration Division at Parkdale Community Legal Services as a student caseworker, helping clients with their immigration applications. Cansu also represented Osgoode Hall Law School in the national Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Moot competition as an oralist.
Prior to law school, Cansu worked as an international news reporter for the Turkish state television. Cansu holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a minor in Diaspora and Transnational Studies from the University of Toronto where she graduated with High Distinction.
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2022
- BA (Hons), University of Toronto, 2019
- BA (Hons), Hacettepe University, 2010
- Turkish Canadian Lawyers Association, Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors and Co-Founder
- Durham Community Legal Clinic and Access to Justice Hub, 2020
- The Ron Ellis ‘09 (PhD) Prize in Administrative Law, 2022
- Dean’s List Scholar (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Special immigration measures for Turkish and Syrian nationals affected by the earthquakes
- Canada is Extending Post-Graduation Work Permits for up to 18 Months
- IT’S TIME FOR CANADA TO OPEN ITS DOORS TO VICTIMS OF THE TURKIYE-SYRIA EARTHQUAKE
- EARTHQUAKE IN TURKIYE AND SYRIA: WE’RE HERE TO HELP WITH CANADIAN IMMIGRATION NEEDS
- FREE REPLACEMENT DOCUMENTS FOR CANADIANS AFFECTED BY HURRICANE FIONA
- NEW COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS FOR TRAVELERS FROM CHINA, HONG KONG AND MACAO
- Are you a migrant worker experiencing abuse? You may be eligible for an open work permit
- IRCC to allow international students to work off-campus for more than 20 hours per week
- Sponsoring your Parents and Grandparents