Diversity and Inclusion
The day-to-day practice of law at Green and Spiegel U.S. involves global mobility and bringing people from all around the world to the United States to work and to live. Green and Spiegel U.S. support multiculturalism and diversity in the work that we do and how we do it.
We owe our success to our diverse and extremely talented team. Many of the employees at Green and Spiegel U.S. are immigrants themselves, and our staff as a whole is fluent in more than 30 different languages, with first-hand knowledge of the challenges faced by people who are coming to the United States.
Pro Bono Services
Since its inception, Green and Spiegel U.S. has provided pro bono services to a large variety of clients, and our attorney team takes great pride in its work to help those among us most in need. Our firm has assisted pro bono clients from all walks of life, and our team received national media attention in 2017 for our work in assisting a family separated by a travel ban.
Green and Spiegel U.S. is also a co-creator and partner in the International Supply Chain initiative, which serves to help employers proactively develop policies to protect against the usage of trafficked or forced labor.
Immigration Law Pro Bono Award
The Pennsylvania Bar Association Immigration Law Pro Bono Award is sponsored by Green and Spiegel U.S. and was created to annually celebrate the pro bono accomplishments of an individual or organization working with the Pennsylvania Bar Association in the area of Immigration Law. The award winner, selected in consultation with PBA leadership, is intended to be given to individuals or organizations that have provided unique service that has resulted in significant provision of legal services to the neediest of foreign nationals on a pro bono basis or as part of a legal aid outreach program.
High School Mock Trial Competition
The PBA Young Lawyer Division High School Mock Trial program enhances high school students’ civics education. It is the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s largest civics education program. Students participate in an actual trial with fake characters. They learn how to cross and direct examine witnesses, make objections, and actively participate in the judicial process. It teaches students about the great things the judicial branch and lawyers do, as well as our role in society and government. Jonathan Grode has been a Scoring / Presiding Judge since 2006, Lead Author since 2007, and Executive Board Member since July 2009.
Jonathan A. Grode New American Scholar Award
Green and Spiegel is a sponsor of the Jonathan Grode New American Scholar Award, which is a scholarship given on an annual basis to an immigrant of a first-generation American who has shown academic excellence at Abington Senior High School. Jonathan Grode is a fellow alumnus of Abington High School. After years of continuous experience as a lawyer in business immigration law, he opened up the first U.S. office of Green and Spiegel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
National Forest Foundation
Rather than send along traditional holiday treats, in 2020 Green and Spiegel U.S. partnered with an Appalachian reforestation organization to show our appreciation and gratitude not only to our clients and partners but also to the environment by planting 400 trees. After a successful launch, we have built upon that initiative and rather than do it at the end of the year, we thought it more fitting to start the new year with new “growth”. Through the National Forest Foundation, we have planted thousands of trees in regions that have been affected by wildfires.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. is a supporter of Purdue University, offering monthly updates and free consults to their international students in the Purdue Student Government.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. is a partner of The Human Trafficking Legal Center, which empowers trafficked men, women, and children to seek justice and rebuild their lives.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. is a member of the French-American Chamber of Commerce – Philadelphia Chapter, an independent bi-national, non-profit, membership organization whose mission is to foster a thriving economic relationship between the United States and France and to welcome and support French businesses, entrepreneurs, and professionals in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Southern New Jersey.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. hosts voter registration drives at City Hall in Philadelphia, PA for recently naturalized citizens, and for anyone who needs assistance.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. provides free, monthly E-3 Visa and U.S Immigration updates for Australians, in partnership with Aussie Recruit.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. has given, “Know Your Rights” legal presentations, consisting of the current and graduating classes of Navegantes at Clinica Esperanza/Hope Clinic in Providence, Rhode Island, in partnership with the Human Rights Asylum Clinic at Brown University.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. has participated in the seminar, “How to Survive & Thrive in the Changing Times – Leap Hurdles & Grow Your Business” about the U.S. and European policy issues affecting transatlantic business, in partnership with the British American Business Council – Greater Philadelphia.
- Green and Spiegel U.S. has held legal immigration clinics, in partnership with the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (Office of Economic Development).