Why Work At Green and Spiegel?
Our answer is simple: great people, great clients, and great projects. Whether you are launching your immigration law career or looking for a new home to bring your existing clientele, Green and Spiegel is an ideal firm to expand your personal network, learn from industry experts, and work on fascinating cases.
As a cutting-edge firm, we are always seeking bright and hard-working professionals to join our rapidly growing team. Open job postings are listed below. If you are interested in joining us, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Immigration Legal Assistant
Growing Center City immigration law firm seeks Business Immigration Legal Assistant to provide full assistance to attorney(s) in the preparation of business based non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications for multinational and domestic corporations. This position will also be looked upon to provide full administrative support to attorney(s).
Primary job duties include:
- Manage caseload of immigration matters in various stages
- Assist attorney in preparation of employment-based immigration petitions and applications, including preparation of immigration forms and packages with supporting evidence for submission to relevant administrative agency
- Draft letters of merit on behalf of client to use as supporting evidence for petitions and applications
- Draft correspondence to clients and relevant administrative agency
- Review and organize client documentation and analyze and summarize case data for attorney
- Assist attorney with determining potential case issues and planning case strategy
- Maintain organized, legally compliant client files, monitor deadlines and progress of individuals cases
- Conduct legal research regarding regulations and procedures in immigration law
- Contribute to the development of practice processes to ensure team operates efficiently and effectively
- Work effectively and collaboratively with team members to prioritize and organize work load
- Perform administrative tasks and other projects as assigned by attorney
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Meticulously detail-oriented with strong writing, critical thinking, research, verbal communication, time and case management skills
- Must be highly organized and disciplined with willingness to work hard
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1+ years immigration law experience preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time