Free Trade Agreement Work Permits

Individuals from countries with whom Canada has a free trade agreement may be eligible for a temporary work authorization in Canada.

In order to qualify, a professional must have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer for a job covered by the free trade agreement and be otherwise admissible to Canada. Canada has free trade agreements with countries including the U.S. (North American Free Trade Agreement), Mexico, South Korea, Honduras, Panama, Jordan, Columbia, Peru, Costa Rica, Chile, and Israel.

In 2017 Canada entered into the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), facilitating the entry of business visitors and certain foreign workers into Canada.

Pin It on Pinterest