The Portuguese Golden Visa Program offers investors from outside the European Union (EU) a gateway to Europe.
In exchange for an investment in the Portuguese economy, the program offers a temporary residence permit for one year that is renewable for two-year periods afterwards. This provides investors with a clear path to permanent residency and citizenship. Investors can establish themselves in one of Europe’s oldest nations – a place where history and modernity meet, with high technology and a high standard of living. At the same time, the minimal residency requirements and access to 25 other Schengen Area countries, the Golden Visa opens up an entire continent.
Requirements of the Golden Visa Program
- Enter Portugal while holding a valid Schengen Visa
- Apply for the Golden Visa within 90 days of first entry into Portugal
- Spend at least seven days in Portugal in the first year and fourteen days in each subsequent two-year renewal period
- Make a real-estate investment in Portugal of at least €500,000
- There is also an option to qualify by transferring €1 million in capital to Portuguese banks or making an investment that creates at least 10 jobs in Portugal
Attractions/Benefits of the Golden Visa Program
- Residency in a modern EU nation
- Access to 25 other Schengen countries
- Favorable tax incentives for Portuguese and foreign income
- No inheritance tax for immediate family members
- Flexible investment terms
- Qualified applicants may be eligible for Portuguese Citizenship after six years