Valerie Kleinman B.PAPM, LL.L, J.D
150 York Street, 5th Floor Toronto ON M5H 3S5 CA
Valerie Kleinman is a Senior Associate at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto who specializes in Citizenship and Immigration law. Valerie has significant experience working on Labour Market Impact Assessments and all types of work permit applications, including CUSMA Investor applications and intra-company transfers. She has represented clients in all areas of Canadian citizenship and immigration law such as, study permits, visitor visas, family class applications, Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class applications through the Express Entry System, and Provincial Nominee Program applications.
Valerie can assist clients in French and has experience working on both temporary and permanent Quebec-based applications. She also has extensive experience assisting companies who face compliance inspections by Service Canada and Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees Canada. She has expertise in helping companies develop best practices to ensure that they are compliant with the requirements of their Labour Market Impact Assessments and Work Permits. Valerie was a Member-At-Large of the Citizenship and Immigration Law Section Executive of the Ontario Bar Association during 2019-2020 and 2020-2021.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2012
- J.D. University of Ottawa, 2011
- LL.L (Civil Law) University of Ottawa, 2010
- B.PAPM, Social Policy, Highest Honours, Carleton University, 2007
- Ontario Bar Association – Citizenship and Immigration Section; Young Lawyers Division
- Canadian Bar Association – French Speaking Lawyers Section
- Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario
- Recent Changes to Spousal/Dependent Open Work Permit Eligibility
- Celebrating Pride Month: Citizenship and Immigration Programs for LGBTQS2 Individuals and Families
- Want to represent Team Canada? An Overview of Canadian Citizenship Requirements
- TRAVELLING TO CANADA IN THE AGE OF COVID-19? MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A QUARANTINE PLAN.
- EMPLOYING A FOREIGN WORKER IN THE AGE OF COVID-19? MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWARE OF NEW COMPLIANCE OBLIGATIONS.
- COVID-19 AND CANADIAN IMMIGRATION: ANSWERING TRAVEL RESTRICTION QUESTIONS
- COVID 19 AND CANADIAN IMMIGRATION: ANSWERING TRAVEL RESTRICTION QUESTIONS
- IMPACT OF THE 2019 ONTARIO BUDGET ON IMMIGRATION
- BIENVENUE AU CANADA: IMMIGRATION OPTIONS FOR FRENCH-SPEAKING APPLICANTS
- YOUR EMPLOYEE HAS ARRIVED IN CANADA ON THEIR WORK PERMIT, NOW WHAT?