Shoshana T. Green B.A., LL..B.
150 York Street, 5th Floor Toronto ON M5H 3S5 CA
Shoshana Green is a partner at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Shoshana has been practicing immigration law since 1996 and has extensive experience in all areas of Canadian immigration. Shoshana is certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Citizenship and Immigration Law. She is listed in the Who’s Who Legal of Corporate Immigration Lawyers which is considered to be The Official Research Partner of the International Bar Association, as well as in The Best Lawyers in Canada editions for the specialty of Immigration Law. Chambers and Partners have ranked Shoshana as a Recognized Practitioner both Globally and Nationwide.
Since her call to the Bar, Shoshana has been practicing exclusively in the field of immigration, citizenship and refugee law, handling all types of matters including assisting employers and individuals with hiring foreign workers as well as applying for and maintaining permanent residence. She assists individuals and families with all types of sponsorship applications to help bring close relatives to Canada.
Shoshana works with international students helping bring them to Canada and assisting with their transition to becoming permanent residents. Shoshana participates in outreach programs at Canadian universities and colleges, providing information on study permits, work permits, and permanent residency
Shoshana’s clients routinely seek her assistance upon becoming eligible for Canadian citizenship and assists in this final step of the immigration journey.
Shoshana has extensive immigration litigation experience, regularly appearing before the Immigration and Refugee Board and the Federal Court of Canada representing clients in sponsorship appeals, removal appeals, applications for judicial review as well as other types of enforcement matters. Shoshana has the ability to represent clients in all matters at first instance and on appeal should it be necessary.
Shoshana also has a specialty in assisting families with the immigration and citizenship process where international adoption, surrogacy and assisted reproductive technologies have been chosen to create their families.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1996
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B
- Bachelor of Arts, York University
- Former member National Immigration Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- “Best Lawyer of the Year” in the 2008 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada“
- “Best Lawyer of the Year” in the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada
- Rank by Best Lawyers Canada for Immigration Law, 2008 – 2023
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2018 – 2023
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Corporate Immigration 2023
- “Recognized Practitioner” by Chambers and Partners
- Ranked by the Chamber & Partners for Business and Personal Immigration in Canada 2022
- Recognized in the Legal 500: Next Generation Partners 2022
- Listed in the 2022 Canadian Lexpert ® Directory
- Listed in the 2023 Canadian Lexpert ® Directory
- Recognized in the Legal 500: Business Immigration Next Generation Partners 2023