Nika Arbabzadeh J.D.
150 York Street, 5th Floor Toronto ON M5H 3S5 CA
Nika Arbabzadeh is an Articling Student at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Nika assists clients with all aspects of immigration law in Canada. Nika is particularly interested in litigation and the intersection of immigration law with other areas and issues, including criminal law.
Nika recently graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School. While in school, Nika volunteered with immigration and refugee law organizations and was a research assistant to Professor Sean Rehaag. Nika spent her 1L summer working with Matthew House, a charity organization in Toronto which is a recognized leader in assisting and resettling newly arrived refugee claimants. Nika also completed Osgoode’s Anti-Discrimination Intensive Program, which included a placement at the Human Rights Legal Support Centre and co-led the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers at Osgoode and the Osgoode Peer Support Centre. In addition, Nika was the Director of the International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) at Osgoode and was presented with the Excellent Chapter Leadership award by IRAP in appreciation of her outstanding work mobilizing students on issues related to refugees and displaced people.
Nika graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management from York University.
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2022
- BHRM, York University, 2018
- Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers at Osgoode, Co-President, 2021-2022
- Osgoode Peer Support Centre, Co-President, 2021-2022
- International Refugee Assistance Project at Osgoode, Director, 2020-2021
- Legal Entrepreneurs Organization, Vice President, 2020-2021
- Centre for Refugee Studies at York University, Research Assistant, 2020
- Community & Legal Aid Services Program and Osgoode Hall Law School, On-call Caseworker, 2019-2020
- Law in Action with Schools, Student Volunteer, 2019-2020
- Honorable Ian Scott Public Interest Award, 2020
- Excellent Chapter Leadership Award, IRAP, 2021