Ghazi Jarrar is an Articling Student at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Ghazi assists clients with all aspects of immigration law in Canada. Ghazi is particularly interested in litigation and questions of public and administrative law.
Ghazi recently graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School in the top of his class. While at law school, Ghazi volunteered with immigration and refugee law organizations, including the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL). During his second year, Ghazi spent eight months at Parkdale Community Legal Services’ immigration division. At Parkdale, Ghazi assisted community members with various immigration applications, including Immigration Appeal Division files, humanitarian and compassionate applications, and Federal Court judicial reviews. In his final year at Osgoode Hall, Ghazi also provided research support for a landmark immigration law test case.
Prior to law school, Ghazi obtained a Master of Arts degree in history from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He also obtained his Bachelor of Arts in history and economics from the same university.
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2019
- Master of Arts, Dalhousie University, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts, Dalhousie University, 2014
Additional Languages Spoken
- Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Upper Year Award for Academic Excellence, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2018
- Upper Year Award for Academic Excellence, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2017
- Canada Graduate Scholarship Award, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, 2015
Sep 18, 2019
Express Entry is becoming more popular by the day. Just this year, IRCC invited 63,400 candidates to apply for permanent residence through the syst...
Sep 06, 2019
The writ has not been dropped yet, but Canada’s political parties are already in campaign mode. Perhaps more so than usual, immigration is fe...
Media and Presentations