Alexandra Cole B.A. (Hons.), J.D.
Partner and Corporate Immigration Practice Director
150 York Street, 5th Floor Toronto ON M5H 3S5 CA
Alexandra Cole is a Partner and Corporate Immigration Practice Director with Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Her practice focuses primarily on representing corporations and various organizations to facilitate the entry of personnel into Canada. She specializes in all categories of work authorization, including applications for work permits, work permit exemptions, and Labour Market Impact Assessments. She also assists clients in preparing business visitor applications, visitor and study visas and permits, as well as applications for citizenship and permanent residency including family class sponsorships, provincial nominations and applications under the Express Entry system.
Alexandra has experience representing clients with NEXUS program membership cancellation appeals and appeals involving various enforcement decisions taken by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), including the seizure of goods and funds. Alexandra holds significant experience advising on complex personal immigration issues involving admissibility and enforcement matters. Additionally, she advises clients on litigation matters before the Immigration and Refugee Board and the Federal Court of Canada.
Alexandra has co-authored the book “Temporary Entry Into the Canadian Labour Market” (Emond, 2021), which provides a well-rounded explanation of the avenues and implications of a foreign national’s entry into the Canadian labour market. Prior to joining Green and Spiegel, Alexandra worked for the immigration passenger operations branch of the CBSA.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2015
- Juris Doctor, University of Western Ontario, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Criminal Justice and Public Policy with Distinction, University of Guelph, 2011
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association, Citizenship and Immigration Law Section
- Ontario Bar Association, Citizenship and Immigration Law Section
- Canada Poland Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Canada Poland Chamber of Commerce – Immigration Lawyer of the Year 2023
- Alexandra volunteers her time with the community program, Toronto Lawyers Feed the Hungry.
- Throughout her studies at the University of Western Ontario, Alexandra volunteered her time with the Pro Bono Students Canada, Family Law Project and to the community program, London Lawyers Feed the Hungry. She was a supervisor and case worker for the immigration services team at the free clinic, Community Legal Services.
- THE CANADA-EUROPEAN UNION COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC AND TRADE AGREEMENT (CETA): PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER’S JOURNEY TO PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN CANADA
- TEMPORARY ENTRY INTO THE CANADIAN LABOUR MARKET – IMMIGRATION LAW SERIES – NEW BOOK RELEASED
- *UPDATED* COVID-19 IMMIGRATION UPDATE
- MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY: A MOVEMENT TOWARDS INCLUSIVITY
Media and Presentations
- Speaker at International Mobility Program Seminar
Speaker at International Students From A to Z Seminar
- Co-author of Temporary Entry Into The Canadian Labour Market
Temporary Entry into the Canadian Labour Market, provides a well-rounded explanation of the avenues and implications of a foreign national’s temporary entry into the Canadian labour market. Readers will gain a cohesive understanding of work permit categories and requirements, from applications for work authorization to employer compliance and inspections. Practical and key considerations are addressed, answering fundamental questions such as whether someone needs a work permit, how they get it, and what the employer and recipient’s responsibilities are.