Alexandra Cole B.A. (Hons.), J.D.
150 York Street, 5th Floor Toronto ON M5H 3S5 CA
Alexandra Cole is a senior associate at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Alexandra practices in all areas of Canadian immigration and citizenship law including work, student and visitor visas and permits, Immigration and Refugee Board hearings, Federal Court litigation, permanent residency, admissibility and enforcement matters, investigations, and humanitarian and compassionate applications. She values client relationships and places importance on detailed and vigorous client representation. Alexandra specializes in the area of Labour Market Impact Assessment applications and in employer compliance matters under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and International Mobility Program. She is a knowledgeable advocate for employers and temporary foreign workers.
Throughout her time at Western Law School, Alexandra was a supervisor and case worker for the immigration services team at the free clinic, Community Legal Services. She also volunteered her time with the Pro Bono Students Canada, Family Law Project, and to the community program, London Lawyers Feed the Hungry.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2015
- Juris Doctor, University of Western Ontario, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Criminal Justice and Public Policy with Distinction, University of Guelph, 2011
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association, Citizenship and Immigration Law Section
- Ontario Bar Association, Citizenship and Immigration Law Section
- Alexandra volunteers her time with the community program, Toronto Lawyers Feed the Hungry.
- Throughout her studies at the University of Western Ontario, Alexandra volunteered her time with the Pro Bono Students Canada, Family Law Project and to the community program, London Lawyers Feed the Hungry. She was a supervisor and case worker for the immigration services team at the free clinic, Community Legal Services.
- THE CANADA-EUROPEAN UNION COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC AND TRADE AGREEMENT (CETA): PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER’S JOURNEY TO PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN CANADA
- TEMPORARY ENTRY INTO THE CANADIAN LABOUR MARKET – IMMIGRATION LAW SERIES – NEW BOOK RELEASED
- *UPDATED* COVID-19 IMMIGRATION UPDATE
- MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY: A MOVEMENT TOWARDS INCLUSIVITY
Media and Presentations
Co-author of Temporary Entry Into The Canadian Labour Market
Temporary Entry into the Canadian Labour Market, provides a well-rounded explanation of the avenues and implications of a foreign national’s temporary entry into the Canadian labour market. Readers will gain a cohesive understanding of work permit categories and requirements, from applications for work authorization to employer compliance and inspections. Practical and key considerations are addressed, answering fundamental questions such as whether someone needs a work permit, how they get it, and what the employer and recipient’s responsibilities are.