Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm

Free Trade Agreement Work Permits

Individuals from countries with whom Canada has a free trade agreement may be eligible for a temporary work authorization in Canada. In order to qualify, a professional must have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer for a job covered by the free trade agreement and be otherwise admissible to Canada. Canada has free trade agreements with countries including the U.S. (North American Free Trade Agreement), Mexico, South Korea, Honduras, Panama, Jordan, Columbia, Peru, Costa Rica, Chile, and Israel. 

In 2017 Canada entered into the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), facilitating the entry of business visitors and certain foreign workers into Canada. 


Firm News

Jan 04, 2018

Top Canadian Immigration Changes in 2017

There has been no shortage of hot-button immigration issues in 2017. We have compiled a list of the top immigration changes that have changed the l...


Nov 16, 2017

CETA: Canada and the European Union Oceans Apart but Closer Than Ever

New free trade union provides open marketplace for Canadian and European companies  The subject of free trade in Canada is increasingly garner...

All Services