Brian J. Halliday Esq.
Partner, Co-Director Midwest
Mr. Halliday began his career in immigration law in 1994, joining a small immigration boutique practice as a paralegal. Soon after, he began pursuing his law degree, attending night classes while holding down his full-time position. Mr. Halliday was admitted to the Ohio Bar in 2001, practicing with the same firm, first as an Associate and then a Partner. In January 2009, he established The Law Offices of Brian J. Halliday, later merging this practice in November 2015 to form Ritter Halliday, LLP; a well-respected corporate immigration law firm based in Cleveland.
Mr. Halliday’s practice is focused on immigration and nationality law matters for major corporations, closely-held businesses, international executives, scientists, professionals, immigrant entrepreneurs and investors, and their families. His practice includes responses to complex administrative challenges, as well as litigated and appellate matters for employers and individuals. Mr. Halliday also provides advice and consultation to employers on Form I-9 compliance in both M&A and operational contexts.
Industries served by Mr. Halliday include Manufacturing, Machine Tool Technology, Pharmaceutical, Information Technology, Legal, Accounting/Finance, Real Estate Development, Retail, Aviation, Architecture, Materials Science, Coatings, Industrial Reclamation/Recycling, Construction, Hospitality, Clergy, and Hospice Care.
- Bachelor of Science in Communications (Audio Engineering), Ohio University, 1989
- Juris Doctor, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, 2000.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, member since 2001
- Federal Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Greater Cleveland International Lawyers Group
- Northcoast Entrepreneurs
- British American Chamber of Commerce, Ohio Chapter, Member of the Board of Directors.
- Liban Jama v. DHS, 13-4192 (6th Cir. 2014)
- 4.8/5.0 Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell