May 1, 2020
ALERT – USCIS Announces 60-Day Extension of Deadlines for RFEs and other Agency Requests
Joshua H. Rolf
- If RFE, NOID, NOIR, Denial, or other Agency request issued between March 1, 2020 and July 1, 2020, may submit up-to-60-days beyond stated deadline or decision date.
- New notices will not be issued.
On May 1, 2020, USCIS announced that it will allow an extra sixty (60) days for timely responses to the following agency requests issued between March 1, 2020 and July 1, 2020:
- Requests for Evidence (“RFE”);
- Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14);
- Notices of Intent to Deny (“NOID”);
- Notices of Intent to Revoke (“NOIR”);
- NOIRs and Notices of Intent to Terminate regional investment centers; and
- Filing date requirements for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.
USCIS will not issue new notices to account for the extended response time, and instead will refrain from taking any action on the above-listed requests until more than 60 days beyond the deadline. For Form I-290B filings, this 60-day deadline will be counted from the date of decision. It appears that this guidance applies equally to RFE/NOID responses that will be sent to USCIS Service Centers, or which must be submitted in-person at USCIS Field Offices (which remain closed for routine interactions through at least June 3, 2020).
If you have any questions regarding if or how this announcement affects your case, please do not hesitate to call our office.