Permanent Residency:
Keeping your team in place and the green card process

We provide comprehensive support and services for when you want to enable your foreign national workers to remain in the United States and obtain permanent residency based on their employment (their occupation and skills).

Employment-based immigration is divided into five preference categories subject to annual visa limits, meaning that there are waiting lists in many of the categories.

Visa Who it’s for Things to bear in mind
EB-1(1) Individuals who possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics Applicants must provide extensive documentation to demonstrate sustained national or international recognition in their field
EB-1(2) Executives/managers who have been employed for at least one of the three years prior to the filing of the petition; or, in the case of a foreign worker already in the United States, one of the three years preceding entry to the U.S. as a nonimmigrant, by the affiliate, parent or subsidiary of the U.S. employer in a managerial or executive capacity Applicants must be entering the United States with the intent to work in a managerial or executive position
EB-1(3) Outstanding professors and researchers with at least three years experience in teaching and/or research in their field Applicants must demonstrate international recognition for outstanding achievements
EB-2 Applicants who hold advanced degrees, or have exceptional ability in the Arts, Sciences, or Business and National Interest Waivers. These applicants generally must have a labor certification approved by the DOL, or establish that they qualify for one of the shortage occupations in the labor market (or obtain an National Interest Waiver). To apply under this category, an offer of employment is usually required, and, in such cases, the U.S. employer must file a petition on behalf of the applicant.
EB-3 Skilled workers, professionals holding baccalaureate degrees, and other workers All applicants must have the prospective employer file an Immigrant Petition for Foreign Worker (I-140), labor certification and a permanent full-time job offer.

Special Immigrants Category for:

  1. Foreign national religious workers and
  2. Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad
Applicants must have received an approved Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (I-360). EB-4 special immigrant religious worker applicants must be entering the United States as a member of a religious denomination that has a non-profit religious organization in the United States, to provide certain services, and have been performing such religious work for the past two years.
EB-5 Employment Creation Investors See information for Investors