With offices in the United States and Canada, Green and Spiegel brings an international approach to practicing immigration law that is perfectly suited to addressing the needs of higher education providers.
We have many years’ experience working with universities and colleges and have developed a range of legal services specifically tailored to meet your needs. We appreciate that higher education is by nature internationally focussed, and that many academic disciplines are global, transcending political borders.
With our expertise, you can be confident in your ability to hire and retain the qualified staff and faculty from abroad that you need. Working with Green and Spiegel will ensure that your foreign national faculty receive premium legal advice and support to obtain both non-immigrant and immigrant visas. Furthermore, working with both large and small institutions, we scale our services to match your specific requirements, ensuring that our services are both efficient and cost-effective.
Universities and colleges make a vital contribution to the economic, cultural and intellectual life of the U.S., as well as promoting diversity and creativity. Supporting and encouraging this objective is an essential part of our mission, and one that we believe is fully supported by the U.S. immigration system. We look forward to working with you.
Making a difference
• Immigration Policy: For Green and Spiegel, providing immigration counsel is more than just processing visas. Whatever the size of your immigration needs, we work with you to develop and maintain effective immigration policies and procedures for the entire hiring and retention process, especially in reference to existing collective bargaining agreements.
• Immigration Compliance: Compliance with hiring and immigration laws is now more important than ever, after a decade of increasing government monitoring and investigations. Green and Spiegel provides immigration risk management techniques to mitigate, if not eliminate, all areas of unintentional non-compliance.
• Responsiveness: We pride ourselves on responding to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours, if not immediately. In addition, we process our immigration filings with the same level of efficiency, employing a pragmatic and thorough approach to all benefit submissions.
• Attorney Contact: You will always have the ability to speak with a licensed attorney who can advise you on all aspects of immigration law.
• No Charge Emails and Phone Calls: We offer scaled flat fees for universities and colleges, so you can plan your legal costs accordingly. As a client of Green and Spiegel, you will never be charged for phone calls or emails. We feel that encouraging communication reduces the potential for error and saves money as well as resources.
• In-person Consultations: We gladly meet faculty members in our offices for in-person consultations, but we are also more than willing to visit universities and colleges to work directly with faculty and human resources personnel / legal counsel. We know from experience that the value of meeting in person cannot be understated and we pride ourselves on building long-term professional relationships with our clients.
Please follow the link below for more information on how immigrant visas, non-immigrant visas and applications for permanent residency apply to universities and colleges: