The MICC in Quebec has announced that the suspension of the receipt of applications under certain PR categories will be extended from April 1, 2013 to July 31, 2013.
The categories that will continue to be affected are:
- Self-employed workers and entrepreneurs
- Skilled workers (with some exceptions – see below).
Skilled workers may continue to apply for selection certificates if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The applicant is eligible to apply under the PEQ program (similar to the CEC, however, separate streams for Quebec students and workers);
- The applicant is a foreign student in Quebec;
- The applicant resides temporarily in Quebec within an international youth mobility exchange program and is working full time (i.e. working holiday);
- The applicant holds a diploma that would allow them to obtain 6, 12, or 16 points under the area of training criteria (note: there are requirements with respect to the completion of the diploma/work experience and when the application must be submitted);
- The applicant holds a Quebec diploma (note: there are requirements with respect to the completion of the diploma/work experience and when the application must be submitted);
- The applicant holds an employment offer that has been validated by the MICC;
- CIC has informed the individual that the application for PR was admissible for processing;
- The individual resides temporarily in Quebec, was a Canadian citizen at one time, and is submitting their application in Quebec.
For additional information, please contact Green and Spiegel LLP.