Stephen Green is one of the two Senior Partners at Green and Spiegel and is Certified as a Specialist in Immigration Law by The Law Society of Ontario. Stephen has been practising immigration law for 30 years and has extensive experience in all areas of Canadian immigration. Stephen has been identified for many years as a leading practitioner in immigration law. Stephen is considered a subject matter expert in the field, frequently asked to speak as a panellist, moderator and lecturer. Stephen has held the following positions:
- Invited by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to attend the January 2017 roundtable and give feedback on the federal government’s new Global Skills Strategy. The roundtable was attended by important stakeholders such as the Toronto Financial Services Alliance, key government officials and subject matter experts in the field. The government’s new Global Skills Strategy was launched in June 2017
- Director, Canada Employment Relocation Council since 2015;
- Co-Chair of The Law Society of Upper Canada’s Annual Immigration Law Summit for past 5 years;
- Past Chair of the Citizenship and Immigration Section of the Canadian Bar Association;
- Past Chair, Citizenship and Immigration Section, Canadian Bar Association; Secretary (2006) and Treasurer (2007), Citizenship and Immigration Section, Canadian Bar Association of Ontario;
- Past Chair, Citizenship & Immigration Section, Canadian Bar Association of Ontario;
- Executive Committee of the Canadian Bar Association, Citizenship & Immigration Section, 1991 to 2011; and
- Head Lecturer, Immigration Practices and Procedures Course, Seneca College, 1997 to 2010.
Stephen’s expertise includes all areas of Canadian immigration law, specializing in corporate employee transfers, federal skilled worker applications, investor applications, work permits, and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Stephen also leads the Investment and Entrepreneur Department at the firm, which assists experienced business people and high net worth individuals to invest in Canada to obtain Permanent Residence. Stephen also has particular expertise in NAFTA confirmation exemptions, work permit approvals for strategic, expert and key professional employees and high level executives.
Stephen’s clients range from the largest multinational corporations in the world to many start-up and entrepreneurial clients crossing all industries: IT, telecommunications, hospitality, transportation and consulting to name just a few. Stephen travels around the globe to speak to various business organizations and clients regarding Canadian immigration.