Highlights of the changes include:
· Additional points for graduates of some post-secondary programs in Canada;
· Broadening the definition of an Offer of Employment to include certain workers on LMIA-exempt employer specific work permits who have accumulated at least one year of full-time experience with their employer;
· Reducing the points awarded for holding a Labour Market Impact Assessment with an Offer of Employment;
· Differentiating between Executive level workers and other high-skilled workers in the point’s distribution for Offers of Employment;
· Allowing 90 days for the applicant to submit their supporting documents after they receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence, up from 60 days.
If you would like more information about Express Entry, or require assistance in preparing a profile, please contact Green and Spiegel.