On February 6, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will automatically consider visitors for a multiple-entry visa. Multiple-entry visas enable visitors to enter and stay in Canada for 6 months at a time and are valid for up to 10 years. Those who hold multiple-entry visas will not have to reapply for a visa for every trip.
In addition, the processing fees for both single-entry and multiple-entry visas are being reduced from $150CAD to $100CAD.
Processing fees for other types of temporary resident visas will increase as follows:
- $25CAD for study permits and renewals;
- $5CAD increase for work permits and renewals;
- $25CAD increase for extensions to remain in Canada as a visitor;
- $100CAD as the maximum fee for a family to apply for TRVs; and
- $15CAD as the maximum work permit fee for a group of performing artists and their staff.
For more information, please contact Green and Spiegel LLP.