Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm

Work in Canada

In most cases, in order to work in Canada foreign nationals must first obtain work ​permit. This authorization may be “open” or “closed” depending on the type of permit. In addition, some foreign nationals must apply for an entry visa prior to coming to Canada. Please see Visit Canada for more information about entry visas.

In order to obtain work permit in Canada, you must usually have pre-arranged employment from an employer authorized to hire you. If you are accompanying a spouse or common-law partner to Canada you may be eligible for a spousal work permit

Please visit the following pages to learn more:

Firm News

Jun 12, 2017

Canada’s Global Skills Strategy: Opening the Canadian Border to the Next Brain Gain

The Global Skills Strategy came into effect on June 12, 2017 in what is promised to be faster access to highly skilled foreign talent to help Canad...

Apr 10, 2017

New Updates To The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

April 10, 2017- Starting this week, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will resume issuing Notifications of Interest to applicants who qu...

All Services