Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Starting ​November 10th, 2016, all foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries travelling to Canada by air must first obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). This eTA is valid for up to 5 years or if your passport expires within 5 years. 

Canadian citizens, including dual citizens and Canadian Permanent Residents, are not permitted apply for an eTA. People who have an expired PR card or one that is expiring within the9 months, should apply for a new PR card as soon as possible to avoid issues with travel plans. 

American citizens are exempt from the eTA program, but U.S. Green Card holders are not. ​For more information, regarding eTAs, please contact us.

Firm News

Mar 20, 2017

Important Information for International Travelers

March 20, 2017- The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has just announced it will be phasing out the paper CBSA Declaration Card, in favour of se...

Nov 04, 2016

Reminder- End of Leniency period for Electronic Travel Authorizations (“eTA”)

Starting November 10, 2016, new entry requirements will be in effect for many travellers to Canada. Visa-exempt foreign nationals, who fl...

All Services