Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm

Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class permits foreign nationals who have been working in Canada for a period of at least one year to apply for Permanent Residence on the basis of their Canadian work experience. In order to qualify, applicants must have a minimum of one year of full time work experience in Canada in the three years preceding the application, meet certain language requirements, and intent to settle outside Quebec. The program uses a point system to assess candidates. This point system is not the same as the Comprehensive Ranking System used to rank candidates in Express Entry. In order to create a candidate profile and be assigned a score using the Comprehensive Ranking System, candidates must first qualify for either the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades or Canadian Experience Class. The points for the Federal Skilled Worker Program are a minimum requirement in order to be eligible to participate in Express Entry.

Please be advised that qualifying for the Canadian Experience Class is only the first step in immigrating to Canada. Applicants who qualify for the Canadian Experience Class must create a candidate profile in Express Entry and receive an Invitation to Apply for Permanent Residence before submitting their application.

Firm News

Jan 10, 2018


January 10, 2018 - Today, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited applicants with a Comprehensive Ranking Sys...

Jan 04, 2018

Top Canadian Immigration Changes in 2017

There has been no shortage of hot-button immigration issues in 2017. We have compiled a list of the top immigration changes that have changed the l...

All Services